logo
CCL DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL
Jharkhand, 815311
Latest News  
 
About School  

As a quite humble and inconspicuous inception of our visionary Vice President and then regional Director Sri N. D. Grover, DAV Public school, CCL , Giridih was founded in 1988 in the silhouette of natural beauty of plants and hills to cater to the educational needs of the children of the CCO employees and bridge the yawning gaps f illiteracy & dispel the darkness of ignorance and superstition, and was inaugurated on 5th Feb, 1989 by the them State Minister for coal, Govt. of India, Mr. C. K. Jafar Shariff amidst a large congregation of public representative, high officials of coal India and district administration, DAV dignitaries and other benefactors and well wishers.
Though the school started functioning with only 228 students on roll, today its strength is more than 1500. The school was affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi up to X and CII in 1992 and 1997 rewpectively, and since then it has made a landmark in the field of education under the able guidance if Sri. N. D. Grover and Sri. L. R. Saini. This crusade against illiteracy and ignorance launched by Sri. N. D. Grover has been furthered successfully and given a new height by all our well wishers & stake holders. it is making a new record of success every day imbibing a sense of devotion, dutifulness and honesty.
Today the school is lashed with all the modern amenities indispensable to nurture and expose the inherent qualities of the budding talents and the future architect of the nation with its seven blocks, four houses, and science and commerce streams at plus two (+2). Spread on a vast sprawling area at Jogitand with its Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Bio and Computer Labs, and a well-stocked library, the school provides ample opportunity to sprout the seeds of wisdom and update their knowledge.